Sun, Nov 05|
The 6th Annual China International Import Expo (CIIE)
November 5-10, 2023 The program will offer a hybrid approach to CIIE, the top trade show for imported goods in China, for worldwide WTCA Members and their business networks to showcase their products and services.
Time & Location
Nov 05, 2023, 7:00 PM – Nov 10, 2023, 7:00 PM
About the event
Participate remotely in the upcoming 2023 WTCA CIIE and 2024 CICPE programs to expand your global reach
November 5-10, 2023 (CIIE)
April 11-15, 2024 (CICIPE)
Opportunity open to all WTCA Members and their business members at the top trade shows for imported goods in China!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 9
The 6th annual China International Import Expo (CIIE) will take place in Shanghai – China’s business and trade hub – from November 5-10, 2023.
Following its successful participation over the past four years, the WTCA is once again partnering with WTC Shanghai to launch the 2023 WTCA CIIE Program. The program will offer a hybrid approach to CIIE, the top trade show for imported goods in China, for worldwide WTCA Members and their business networks to showcase their products and services. The hybrid program format provides free remote participation for convenient and cost-effective access by overseas WTCA Members and their business networks, as well as an in-person booth managed by WTCA staff to allow for face-to-face interaction with potential buyers.
Organizations may attend the 2023 CIIE in person since China has fully reopened. All participating organizations and products will also be promoted to local Chinese business communities by WTCA Members, and WTCA partners in Shanghai and other cities throughout China.
As an additional new benefit starting this year, all participating consumer products and services will be jointly promoted by the WTCA and WTC Haikou at next year’s China International Consumer Products Expo (CICPE), to be held April 11-15.
Last year's WTCA CIIE program saw participation from 39 enterprises across 7 World Trade Center businesses, bringing a total of 134 products and services from 12 countries covering four major industries.
Image of the printed 2021 WTCA CIIE Brochure, featuring products and services from around the WTCA network.
2023 WTCA CIIE & 2024 CICPE Participant Benefits
- Cost-savings as remote participation is complimentary for WTCA Members and their business networks
- CIIE booth promotion, managed by WTCA Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) team
- Company profile and products included in the 2023 WTCA CIIE and 2024 CICPE booklet (translation provided by WTCA APRO team)
- Local support and business promotion provided by WTC Shanghai and WTC Haikou
- Virtual matchmaking with interpretation assistance when interests match between sellers and buyers
- Pre- and post-exhibition online products and services promotion at CIIE Online Exhibition (limited to the first 50 products/services received by the WTCA and approved for listing by CIIE)
- Additional Promotion by China-based WTCA Members and Partners: promotional services with local business communities will be offered by Chinese WTCA Members and partners
- Further Promotion at the 2024 China International Consumer Products Expo (CICPE), China’s first international expo focusing on consumer products
The WTCA's booth at the 2021 CIIE, managed by the WTCA Asia Pacific Regional Office.
How to Participate
If your World Trade Center business is located outside of mainland China, you are welcome to participate by taking the following steps:
- Reach out to your business community with the customizable promotion template or with your own message
- Your World Trade Center location and its business members download, complete, and return the following forms by Monday, October 9:WTCA CIIE/CICPE Program Profile Form for Booklet: for inclusion in the booth booklet WTCA CIIE/CICPE Program Products and Services Form: for promotion to businesses throughout China via WTCA Members and partners. The first 50 products/services received by the WTCA and approved by CIIE will also be listed on the CIIE Online Exhibition site. Please note, we are unable to accept physical product samples for display at CIIE and CICPE.
- Send completed forms to Ms. Adele Zhang, Program Manager, WTCA APRO at email@example.com before the deadline of Monday, October 9.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- Now – October 9, 2023: Worldwide promotion and registration
- October 9, 2023: Registration deadline (all forms due)
- October 9 – October 20, 2023: Translation, information processing
- October 20 – November 4, 2023: Pre-CIIE promotion to partners in China
- November 5 – 10, 2023: CIIE show and promotion; promotion to partners in China continues
- November 11, 2023: Lead follow-ups via CIIE and Chinese-market partners
- April 11 - 15, 2024: Promoted at the 2024 CICPE
- After April 15, 2024: Lead follow-ups via CICPE and Chinese-market partners
About China International Import Expo (CIIE)
The 6th annual China International Import Expo (CIIE) will take place in Shanghai – China’s business and trade hub – from November 5-10, 2023. As the top trade show for imported goods, CIIE covers a wide range of industries, including:
- Consumer goods
- Food and agricultural products
- Intelligent industry & information technology
- Medical equipment & health products
- Trade in services
CIIE 2022 Highlights in Numbers
- 145 countries, regions, and international organizations
- 2,800+ exhibitors at business exhibition
- 284 of the world’s top 500 companies and industry giants at business exhibition
- 438 representative new products, technologies and services debuted
- USD $73.52 billion worth of tentative deals reached for one-year purchases of goods and services
About China International Consumer Products Expo (CICPE)
The 4th China International Consumer Products Expo (CICPE)will take place in Haikou city of Hainan Free Trade Zone from April 11-15, 2024. As the first trade show for consumer products, CICPE covers a wide range of industries, including:
- Travel and Outdoor+ Consumer-related Services
- Fashion & premium brands
- Food, Beverage, and Health Supplement
- Beauty & Health Supplement
- Fashion Lifestyle
- E-Commerce & Duty Free
CICPE 2023 Highlights in Numbers
- 2,800 high-end consumer brands
- 61 countries and regions
- 622 new product debut and releases
- 1,955 exhibitors
- 40,000+ buyers and professional visitors
- 180,000 visitors